First Boil of 2019

February 9, 2019

The reverse osmosis system worked as expected, and Friday morning, I had around 25 gallons of sap with a sugar content of nearly 4%. Unfortunately, it was also a rainy morning, but a freeze was expected for Saturday and Sunday, so I decided to boil what I had on my own.

The rain cleared up, the sun came out, and the boil went well, and by 1 PM, I had reduced everything down to a little more than 1 gallon, my target goal. I cleaned up the outside operation and left bottling for Saturday.

The result was light in a color and delicious.

Now back to watching the weather and waiting for the sap to start flowing again.



< Previous | Next >

All News